HEXRO is a small six-legged robot, suitable for the planting of fruit trees and various seed crops in uncultivated, unfriendly, and uneven terrains. The main idea is for the robot to have different types of seeds in its hollow legs, allowing simultaneous planting of six different crops. At the same time, for planting trees or shoots that require greater sowing depth, HEXRO is equipped with a planting system, consisting of auger for soil and a tree feeder mechanism.
Its control system is based on Raspberry Pi 3 and 16-channel, 12-bit PWM Extender, based on the PCA9685 integrated circuit. The communication between HEXRO and the operator (the robots operator) is done via Wi-Fi. An universal Windows platform application has been developed to manage HEXRO.
- Event: NASA Space Apps Challenge 2017
- Location: Burgas, Bulgaria
- Category: The Earth and Us
- Challenge: What’s for Dinner?
- Team name: The Black Holes Riders
- Team Moto: Beyond the Universe Limits
- Project name: HEXRO the Seader
- Hardware Platform: Raspberry PI 3
- PCA9685 16-Channel 12-Bit PWM driver
- 12 Micro Servo 9G Motors
- Operational System: Windows IoT Build 15063.0.170317-1834
- Integrated Development Envirobment: Visual Studio 2017 Comunity Edition